Sexing Opal & other non-BS colors

Helen in the Desert

Songster
11 Years
Jul 27, 2011
Palm Springs
Do Opal, Bronze, Peach and other color variants still show the same barring that Blue do? I know Black Shoulder is a whole different set of rules, but for "regular" Non-BS colors do the same basic barring rules apply? I cannot find many pictures, or accurately labeled pictures, of peachicks in the various color variations.

jesse c.jpg
"Jesse" may be a Silver Pied Opal or other variant. I got it from a local breeder who has Opal, Bronze, Blue and BS. It may also be part Spalding.
frank wing c.jpg
"Frank" is a Blue Pied possibly Spalding.
Both are hatched about May 8, 2017

Last edited:
Colors, Patterns, Splits, in that order. India Blues come in different colors and are listed first. Patterns are listed second, If not noted we assume the pattern is the 'Wild' pattern meaning barred shoulder. Black Shoulder is a pattern meaning that the wings and shoulder are not barred but a solid color. In a Purple BS the wings are not black but a brownish color, a Cameo BS is not black but a cream color. White is a pattern, Silver Pied is a pattern but when on an IB you may see some of the Wild pattern bleed through and show somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom