Sexing our sweet 3 month old baby white turkey

Evewon

Songster
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
This is our angel baby Chumbo. We got Chumbo to protect our chickens and to be our friend. I was really hoping Chumbo was a little girl so we could eat her delicious eggs, but I would totally be thrilled for Chumbo to be a Tom. Any ideas? Btw, I never knew I could love a bird the way I love this turkey. Chumbo is a blue eyed angel straight from heaven and literally runs to come see me when I get home so I can love all over him.

Looks female to me. Does she have a stripe of feathers going up the back of her neck? (Doesn't really show up in the pictures.)

She sounds like an awesome turkey. I hope she is female for you. Our females are much more alert to things in the sky. Our Tom is usually too busy strutting to look up. :p

Looks female to me. Does she have a stripe of feathers going up the back of her neck? (Doesn't really show up in the pictures.)

She sounds like an awesome turkey. I hope she is female for you. Our females are much more alert to things in the sky. Our Tom is usually too busy strutting to look up. :p
Is this a little better? Thank you so much for the info!! Sweet Chumbo might be a little girl after all!
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom