sexing peeps

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by milliefleur, Nov 12, 2011.

1. milliefleur

milliefleur Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Danville PA
    i have about 18 peeps and i know what 3 of them are cause they are old enough to try and crow like a rooster, and then hen has a small comb and you can see it in her body. but i have a few that i have no idea if they are hens or roos. i am trying to sell them and had a few ask for just hens. i have able to tell them i have one for shore but not shore on the rest. so how can you sex a peeps? i really want to know how. also i have pics of the peeps. the first pic is mf pyncheons, the next pic are i think wheaten rosecombs, then next is mf d'uccles, and them some oegb. can someone help me figure out how many roos and hens i have and also explain how to sex peeps for me that would be great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    in the last pic i am pretty sure the one right behind the black will be a roo. as for the rest of them i cant tell to me they still look like pullets but i am sure you might have more roos in there

3. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Quote:I agree. I also think the one on the left in the first pic and the one in the center of the last pic are also roos. Just guesses though since they are still so young. The only reason I noticed those ones is because their combs are getting pink already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by