sexing quails help i got 2 eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jgb111, Oct 1, 2012.

1. jgb111

jgb111 New Egg

Sep 13, 2011
    hiya just wondered if anyone could help i hatched 10 japanese coturnix quail however i sold 8 and kept 2 back for myself yesterday i checked on them in my room yesterday and there was an egg in there and then went back about an hour or 2 later and there was a second egg so i thought they were both females but my partner said he has started to here one trying to crow in the mornings i have a pure white one and the normal browny coloured quail which i know is the female as i took her out the cage the pure white one made this noise

so im assuming now its a male as this is what my old male used to do so do i have a male and female and if so can she lay 2 eggs in one day ?

2. quadchick77

quadchick77 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Tecumseh, Kansas
    I have a tibeten coturnix female who lays 2 atleast 2 or 3 days of the week and 1 every other day. I put 25 of her eggs in the incubator and taking the turner out tomorrow. Will see how many hatch and how many of them are fertile. I know its her laying the eggs as well as I only have her and a male in the pen together.
    That is definately a male in the video calling at 0:32

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by