Sexing White Peafowl Response

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by bigfoot2, Sep 28, 2016.

1. bigfoot2

bigfoot2 New Egg

Dec 10, 2012
    North East Ohio
    Wow!

I want to thank all of you for the time and effort you put into helping me with distinguishing between males and females of young white peafowl.

This information will save me a lot of time and the eliminate need to build more pens to house them until they are old enough to distinguish by the long tail feathers on the males.

You are really great people to provide me with this much insight.

Thanks again.

Jim (bigfoot2)

2. Here is one of the two that survived the Stromberg order we received 5 weeks ago. Vet thought they were a week and a half old when we received them. They were supposed to be purples. There's a ton of white on both of them. This one seems to have a bit of barring beginning to show on some of the colored wing feathers. Very lite taupe color really. [​IMG]

3. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    Still a bit young. Definitely a pied as for color do you have a picture of the back of it's neck/back.

4. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Purple Pied, most likely cock.

5. I don't have a picture of the back/neck but I'll get one today.
    Thanks

6. Here are some back photos[​IMG]

7. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    female !New feathers are of one color ... they are no longer barred ... dashed.

8. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    ... can be a Dark silver pied ? ... is ther Silver pied in her ascendants ?

9. I got them from Strombergs and I don't even know the name of the breeder. So I have no idea. It'll be a surprise. Kind of stinks but I'm glad two are alive and doing fine at this point. Color isn't as much of a concern as their health. They are two sweeties.

10. Here's the other ones back photo[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by