Sexing young Muscovies

Cheapchicksfarm

Songster
9 Years
Sep 23, 2010
I have a batch of White Muscovy ducklings and want to sell some but don't want to be stuck with all the males so does anyone have any advice on sexing these guys? I have vent sexed my regular ducks and am pretty good at it but I tried on 2 of the older muscovy ducklings and they both seem to be girls but now a week later one has more red on it's face then the other and I doubt I am lucky enough for both to be girls
hmm.png

I have a batch of White Muscovy ducklings and want to sell some but don't want to be stuck with all the males so does anyone have any advice on sexing these guys? I have vent sexed my regular ducks and am pretty good at it but I tried on 2 of the older muscovy ducklings and they both seem to be girls but now a week later one has more red on it's face then the other and I doubt I am lucky enough for both to be girls
hmm.png
Age and pics would help, face view and side view so we can get a look at the size of the legs.

They are all babies so the same size now
I have 11 that my hen hatched 3 weeks ago and then I have 2 I hatched 2-3 weeks before that the two older ones are alittle different in size they hatched one day apart but the smaller one has the most red on it's face, I am actually planning to keep both of them for now I want to sell some of the younger ones

By 5-6wks you can usually start to tell if you've seen enough 'scovies.. the males outsize the girls.. not only in overall but also leg/feet... the red fleshy parts are not something that starts till much later on.. my junior(young drake) from our first hatch this year has barely begun to get his and he is all boy. 100%.. he's 3mths Aug 4th.

Last edited:
yep way to young yet but like GQ says the boys really start passing the girls on size around 5-6 weeks. My Andy is 14 weeks tomorrow and just barely starting to get a few carnicles and not even pink yet.

Thanks I have someone who wants to buy some now I guess I will have to see if she wants SR or wait until they are older.
I have vent sexed all my other breeds easly with 100% success but these guys are harder so I guess I have to wait Thank You

Back
Top Bottom