Sexlink (Golden comet) He has till Monday or he is soup. :(

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dandydoodle, Aug 4, 2011.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    He is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an 11 month old sexlink roo (Golden Comet). This breed is a hybrid between a white rock hen and a New Hampshire male. The hens of this breed lay around 300 hundred brown eggs per year. People do this cross because it makes the offspring bigger and stronger then either of the original breeds.

Long story short I bought him from my local feed store 2 weeks ago. After having him for 3 days we went out of town. Well I learned a big lesson don't leave a new roo before they get a chance to know you. He was really sweet when we left and not so much when we got back. I think he would be a great roo for someone who gives their birds plenty of free range time and needs someone tough to protect their hens. He is very good with the girls he dances for them, calls out to them to let them know when he finds good fresh leaves or bugs and he does his manly duties. He is also very protective of the hens. That is where my problem comes in, I have small children and he is very protective of the hens.

Anyway I thought I would give him a chance at finding a new home before he ends up in a stew pot. I think he would be a great addition for the right family. Anyway he is free to anyone who wants him. He has till Monday morning so if you want him let me know.

Thanks,
    Michelle

2. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    HE IS BEAUTIFUL IF YOUR WANT HIM PM ME.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by