Sexlink heritage

ChickDaze

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
i am going to get some chicks to add to my two pullet hens. i am going to get ameraucana ladies, assorted heavy breed gals, and straight run black sex links. i was wondering if the chicks of my rooster sex links and the ladies of the other breeds would have chicks with the easy sexing of the daddy. also, do black sexlinks go broody often? i would like to know so i know wether or not to expect chicks.
fl.gif

BSL won't produce young that are sex-linked... it only works on the first generation. I believe that will go even if you cross a SL with another breed.
Why do you want to buy "straight run" sex-links... the purpose of sex-links is to know what you have when you buy them? I don't mean to be forward, just don't understand the concept behind why anyone would even sell straight run sex-links.

Don't know about broodyness... mine are only 9 weeks.

yeah don't buy straight run sex links. get jut females. If your looking at a store, you can look up what female black sex links look like, if your getting online, you are probably going to get 80/20 Roo/pullet ratio. Because the hatchery can charge more for the sex link pullets.

Back
Top Bottom