Sexlink Rooster Or Hen? (No Pics)

SkylaSilkie

Chirping
7 Years
May 20, 2012
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
We just started noticing a very aggressive Sexlink. He/she has tailfeathers that curve strait up. Its sister is defently a hen, it lets us pick her up, and is nice to our flock. ( Sorry I dont know how to put up pictures.) Its very ugent. I need to know so i dont get fertel eggs.
jumpy.gif

I had no idea about him/her, but now i know a bit but,IS MY WHATEVER A ROOSTER OR HEN!?!
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

I literly want to hit my head on a wall.
Previous posters have given you accurate descriptions of what hens and roosters will look like when they are sex-linked. You can now use that information to look at your birds and see which description fits. Without photos, no one will be able to tell you definitively what you have. You can also look in the breeds database where there will be photos of both hens and roos, and decide which looks closer to the birds you have.

First off, fertile eggs aren't a problem. You eat them just like unfertile eggs. No one can tell the difference.

Okay, what type of sex links are they? Where did you get them? If they are hatchery birds and you got them from a feed store or hatchery you can sex them easily. If they are some red based sex link--red, gold, brown, etc, and the bird is mostly that red color with some white feathers on the back end, like they were dipped in bleach, they're hens. If it's a mostly white bird with some red only on the shoulders, it's a rooster.

If they're black sex links, if it's solid colored it's a hen. If it's barred, it's a rooster.

That's the joy of sex links, you can sex them easily just by looking at them.

Its feathers are white and brown, mostly white on the back. Its not fully grown, so its comb isnt showing much diffrence, but it does seem more domanit.
D.gif

There are no red colored sex-linked roosters. Sex-linked chickens are so called because you can tell their sex as soon as they hatch. If your birds are red colored with some white in the tails and back end, you have what's commonly called Gold Comets/red sex-links/red star/cinnamon queen.

Back
Top Bottom