Sexlinked crosses pics?

DeerChicken14

Songster
Apr 6, 2019
Anybody have pictures of sexlinked crosses? Everybody knows about the red sex links and black sex links. But what I'm talking about is sex linked breeds that you have created on your own. You can have any color of rooster except white, and you can only have a white hen for the rooster to breed to create a red sex link but they are non-typical. Same thing for black sex links. You can have any colored rooster except barred, and you can only have a barred hen for the rooster to breed to create a non-typical black sex link. Any pics of your sex links?

Thanks for the shout out. I've been very interested in non-traditional sex link crosses. Here are my experiments, so far...

Golden Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben (Spitz) rooster over Dominique hen
VplusRose_pullet2.JPG

See more here: chicken-math-genetics-experiments-in-southeast-missouri

Spitz over Legbar and Legbar-crossed Olive Egger
Spitzcross_4weeks_1.JPG

See more here: is-there-such-a-thing-as-brown-sex-link-using-barring-gene

Later this year, I will be adding a Welsummer rooster and possibly a Lavender Orpington, for more possible sex links. Not sure if the head spots will turn up well in the Lavender, but the color is amazing, so I might need to try lol

No this hen is mine, I didn't have any pics on my ipad. She is a golden laced polish cross. I didn't know if her golden color was considered sexlink. I took some new pics.
She’s pretty. A sex linked chicken can look exactly like a non-sex linked chicken. The only difference is the breed or coloration of the parents. For instance, RIR rooster x white leghorn hen creates red sex links. RIR hen x white leghorn rooster creates amberlinks, which aren’t sex-linked. However, amberlink roosters and red sexlink roosters can look exactly the same, but the hens of those crosses look different.

Thanks for the shout out. I've been very interested in non-traditional sex link crosses. Here are my experiments, so far...

Golden Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben (Spitz) rooster over Dominique hen
View attachment 2501825

See more here: chicken-math-genetics-experiments-in-southeast-missouri

Spitz over Legbar and Legbar-crossed Olive Egger
View attachment 2501833

See more here: is-there-such-a-thing-as-brown-sex-link-using-barring-gene

Later this year, I will be adding a Welsummer rooster and possibly a Lavender Orpington, for more possible sex links. Not sure if the head spots will turn up well in the Lavender, but the color is amazing, so I might need to try lol
Oh my that line of young ones is adorable!!!

Back
Top Bottom