1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sexy white peafowl

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by micayc, Jun 14, 2011.

1. micayc

micayc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Centrel PA
    Anyone have any suggestions on where to get my whites sexed? I purchased 210-month-olds, and would like to know what they are. They are beautiful either way, just want to know.
    Do you have to draw blood for can use a feather? I really hope I have one of each.

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    You can't tell a 17.5 year olds sex? [​IMG] There is a place but I can't remember but someone will be along shortly to tell you. I think it costs about $20.

3. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    I bought two white chicks (same age) late last summer and they are starting to show characteristics where I am pretty sure one is a peacock and the other a peahen. One is longer legged, has spur bumps and is starting to get a lot more of the fringy looking feathers so I am thinking peacock. #2 is smaller, no spur bumps and no fringy feathers so I hope peahen.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  4. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Here I thought it was 210 month olds as in 210 chicks that are a month old [​IMG]

If you compare, the males have legs that are a bit longer, and I believe I heard that the spur bump on males is a bigger diameter. Maybe that could at least give you a guess?

5. Knix6468

Knix6468 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Gaston Oregon
    Quote:Yeah, I kind of read it like that too, and I was thinking with 19 birds outside, 84 in the incubators and at least 10 coming in the mail
    that perhaps we wasn't as addicted as I was starting to worry I was.[​IMG]

6. micayc

Jul 31, 2010
    Centrel PA
    Quote:OMG I used my voice to text program and payed no attention! LOL And they are SEXY! [​IMG]

7. micayc

Jul 31, 2010
    Centrel PA
    Quote:Yeah, I kind of read it like that too, and I was thinking with 19 birds outside, 84 in the incubators and at least 10 coming in the mail
    that perhaps we wasn't as addicted as I was starting to worry I was.[​IMG]

I am addicted but not THAT addicted! [​IMG]

8. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    If they are 10 months old you should be able to tell if you want to spend the money to get them DNA this is who I use.
    http://www.avianbiotech.com/

9. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    yes 10 month should be able to sex, check spur bumps, and tail feathers, with good pics some of us make be able to sex them for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by