1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shakers Babies hatched! *pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bleenie, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Shakers, my Blue Pied Muscovy hen has been doing such a good job brooding "her" eggs and some have finally hatched...

They are eggs from my bantam cochins, i have been worried about thier fertility since i changed roosters a while ago but I am happy that she was able to hatch a few so far!

little "eyebrows" down in the corner just cracks me up! (that one's a Sizzle Cochin)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Things didn't smell so fresh in the nest so I am heading back out with a flashlight to check the remaining eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    aww cute! cant wait until my bantam cochings start laying and I can hatch some new babies!

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I am happy to have almost everyone done brooding. I am going to remove a lot of the nesting boxes today when I clean the coop out. I just have 1 last girl sitting on her very first next of her own eggs, also a Muscovy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by