Shame on Ellen

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chisNchickens, Jan 20, 2012.

1. chisNchickens

chisNchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
  2. naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2011
    I've heard about that. What makes celebs think they are knowledgable enough to create a dogfood of their own? Rachel Ray did the same thing, only not vegan but junk none the less.

3. chisNchickens

chisNchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    I'm sure her intentions are good, just misguided. I'm sure it would be great rat food....

4. naturalfeddogs

Jan 8, 2011

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    What's really sad is that we already have vegan dogfoods out there. A lot of cheap dogfoods are mostly corn, wheat, and the number one protein source - Soy.

6. naturalfeddogs

Jan 8, 2011
    Yep, Royal Canin has one, I think it may be available to vets only. I saw it in a RC catalog a rep brought in to my work. I just kills me that anyone would feed a meat free diet to dog.

7. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    rachel ray makes amazing dog food. we feed all of our dogs the nutrish just 6 formula and they are all doing amazing on it. they are doing much better than they were on the blue buffalo!

just cuz a celebrity makes a dog food doesnt mean its junk..

the nutrish just 6 has no corn wheat or soy. its amazing.

but yes dogs arent vegans, they need meat, its the corn and wheat that causes problems mostly. some dogs dont do well on chicken either

8. naturalfeddogs

Jan 8, 2011
    A lot don't do well on grains at all. Usually when there are ingredients causing problems, its the grains and fillers causing it rather than the protein. Chicken in kibble is cooked which is why problems arise. When fed chicken raw, they rarely will have a problem. However, there are a very small number of dogs who do have allergies to chicken but it is a rare thing. Usually it is all the fillers added in.

9. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Ellen doesn't have any intentions at all. Celebrities get paid to front and/or endorse products. Some company is paying her to use her name and to promote.

If vegans want to buy commercial dog food, then someone is going to make it for them. Better for them to feed something with some sort of balanced nutrition.

I wouldn't feed it myself, but I'm in favor of the free market. If there is enough demand, they will make it.

10. Sword

Sword Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2010
    Mundelein
    If you can't handle the fact that your dog is a descendent of the wolf and a carnivore, then you should have a pet goat instead of a dog.

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by