Shame on you bakers! I now have a injury LOL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HennysMom, Jan 15, 2009.

1. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

*gives miss Jaye, Miss Prissy and gumpsmom the evil eye*

So - I now have 2 loaves of bread - homemade egg salad (WHOO HOOO!! IT WORKS - Thanks to whomever's DH gave the tip!) and am awaiting for my Sally Lunn dough to finish its first rise. [​IMG]

Where's the injury you ask? [​IMG]

In all of the above processes...my kitchen step stool is in DD's room because we gutted it and just finished last night hanging the drywall. I needed to reach the sugar and AP flour to make my Sally Lunn bread. AH HA!! I know! I'll just stand on the kitchen chair to reach it! Never once thinking my jogging pants are long... hmmmmm..... [​IMG]

So I'm up...reaching...reaching.... GOT IT! [​IMG] ME!! I'm good..No injuries (after all, they are ladder back farm chairs with rush seats...) - so... I go to step OFF the chair and dont you know.. my freaking PANT LEG gets caught on one of the knobs on the seat and .....

BACKWARDS I GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm thinking to myself... "Hmmm...wonder how far I am from the glass in the kitchen door?" as I'm falling backwards and I hear RIIIIIIIIIPPPP *screams pursue* OMG WHAT WAS THAT?! *still falling backwards at this point...havent hit the ground yet...* (amazing what goes through your mind as you're tumbling at an alarming rate of speed even YOU didn't think was possible - and all from 3 feet [​IMG] ) OW! Searing PAIN! OUCH OUCH! I think to myself... WTH? As I go crashing to the floor - WITH THE CHAIR - *WHEW! I didnt hit the glass in the door thankfully* - and there I sit on the kitchen floor with an upturned chair , ripped pants - shin in burning like the dickens. Why you ask? Because the stupid pants NEVER LET GO of the chair and I raked my leg all the way down it [​IMG]

But I have my bread made...my Sally Lunn rising...and egg salad [​IMG]

Excuse me whilst I go gob neosporin on my wounds

ROFL!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  2. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    That sound horrible

Glad you are ok (relatively) anyway. Gravity sucks!

I am a klutz and always doing something like that myself

3. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

At least you kept your pants on.....[​IMG]

what time you want us all over for dinner?[​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I consider that a baking success. No trips to the hospital and your endeavors turned out well. And you have joined the klutzy bakers club. [​IMG]

5. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    Okay, ow. Just... ow.

That is all.

Sarah

6. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    [​IMG] Sorry hun, don't mean to laugh but you made it sound so funny. Where's the ermine coat when you need it??? [​IMG]

7. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

LOL! Oh it was funny.... I was laughing... and saying a few choice words on my way down [​IMG]

I bruise for weeks though [​IMG] DH better be nice to me or I'll say he did it! ROFL! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by