1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shamo in USA ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Dick Dastardly, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2011
    Who is keeping nice Shamo in the US these days, or any Shamo ? So I thought I'd ask as I'm nosey. Any photos of Shamo willing to shared ?

1 person likes this.
  2. gallorojo

gallorojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Southfarthing
  3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
  4. Dick Dastardly

Sep 17, 2011
    Quote:Mr Zooks Birds look nice, as most of the so called "Shamo" photos I see from the US these days have Thai/Aseel genetic Influence so not real deal Shamo.

Quote:I'm far too lazy to look.. [​IMG] Just thought it would be a good exercise just to see Shamo's [​IMG] ..

10 month old Shamo stag from my line. Already a big boy as almost 11lb now, and I've very high hopes for him. [​IMG] Best of 2011 hatch.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  5. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Carl Brantley and Billy Sumner both have good Shamo; as does Herman Hagwood.

I got a really great hen! lol.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  6. saladin

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Dast,

All that have been named are east coast folks. Actually, CA is the stronghold of everything Oriental in the USA: including Shamo..... though there best birds came from back east! lol hahahahaha

7. Dick Dastardly

Sep 17, 2011
    Quote:Saladin, show me some pictures man, don't be lazy and post them ! [​IMG]

8. saladin

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    My camera broke yesterday. With 2 kids in college and one in High School, it looks like I'll be waiting until Christmas to get a new one dast. doc

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    This is my current and only hen, she's from Zook's birds, but more "a guy who bred Zook's birds and she's the offspring"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My main man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It seems measly to just have a pair, but I've been working at/trying on getting more from the pair since she first began laying last winter.

10. Dick Dastardly

Sep 17, 2011
    Quote:That's a shame, I've not long had this camera and I keep clicking away. Anyway, just for you my friend - Manuel Reynolds Shamo again, new pictures !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that black stag you liked again.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by