Shamo or....?????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickengal30, May 16, 2011.

1. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    Hello! On Saturday I asked you all what my mystery pullet is, she was supposed to be a Speckled Sussex, but shes definatly not.[​IMG]

Most of you sudgested Dark Cornish which I agreed with, but I contacted the Hatchery who supplied the farm store I bought them at, and they dont sell Dark Cornish's....... soooo one of you sudgested Shamo.... [​IMG] and I think thats what she must be. Whadda you think??

Have any of you got Shamos?? I super hope they lay well as I only have four girls [​IMG] . What can you tell me about your Shamos, or what do you think she is if not that. [​IMG]
    Shes quite slender and super sweet.

Thanks for your time! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    does she have feathers on her chest...? that's a dead giveaway...

my shamo don't have many feathers under their wings as well... it's like a tall chicken with not a lot of feathers on their body...

they also have very deep eyes... and scary faces... look like they're going to peck your eyes out... LOL... even chicks have that face...

check this page out...
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Games/Shamo/BRKShamo.html

3. tharooster12

tharooster12 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    looks like a cornish buh idk heres my shamo :)
    [​IMG]

4. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    She looks like a Cornish cross of some sort. She's way too slender looking to be a purebred Cornish. Her legs are too tall, I think. Probably some sort of Cornish-Oriental cross.

5. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    What type of comb does she have? Maybe she's a hatchery Malay, Shamo, or Thai.

6. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Along these lines, she may be a hatchery Dark Aseel. Her coloration definitely suggests Dark bloodlines. Maybe an Aseel X Cornish? However I must say that the thinner legs suggest maybe a Thai X Cornish or something....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by