1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shamo sexing

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jensownzoo, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    Okay, these pics are from a month ago but she(?) hasn't really changed much. Three months old in the pics. I was thinking female, but gamefowl are definitely not my area--came in a mixed batch of rare chicks. She's roughly a foot tall at four months...is this consistent with the larger O-Shamo or the smaller Ko-Shamo? She's nice, but the only one I have and I don't need her, so am going to try selling her along with some other singleton breeds this week but would like to nail down the description for potential buyers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

It's a pullet. She definitely has some oriental blood, but she's not pure Shamo - if she came from a hatchery, she's probably Shamo X egg production breed.

3. Jensownzoo

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    Not hatchery, so good to know...though no idea where they got their birds. Glad I wasn't off on the sex at least. :) So, poor quality ShamoX pullet. Any particular descriptors apply to the coloration? Still learning.

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Poor quality Wheaten.

5. Jensownzoo

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by