Share PICS: Duck Nesting Boxes

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I thought this might be a helpful thread for new duck owners. Here's a few pics of the nesting boxes my Muscovy girls like most. Post yours too!!

The older girls use these ones:
DSCN5168.JPG

Zoli only uses these(in the small chicken coop)
110_0182.JPG

Buttons claimed this one (in the other chicken coop)
110_0183.JPG

Last edited:
Haha yeah - its plastic though... if it was cardboard I think I'd just keep if away from the ducks altogether! Hehe my girl laid her first eggs in there!! But it ended up being too small so now the chooks are enjoying it
tongue.png

I'll try get some pics of my more suitable duck nests
big_smile.png

Okay - this is my pet scovie, Charlotte... I didn't find her nest til she had almost layed enough to her satisfaction! Its right next to the dog bed (who is scared of the duck and will no longer sleep in her bed) - I tried taking different angles, but its an empty pot plant thats a little way off the ground.
45978_imag0197.jpg

45978_imag0195.jpg

45978_imag0193.jpg

45978_little_charlotte-close_up.jpg

My ducks chose the DE bin! I had a huge sand and DE mixture in a huge short tucker tote-they use that with hay they pulled in it! I had so many cute houses for them but it is what it is-or they use a chicken nesting box way off the ground? 2 ft off the ground?? I will find eggs in there too-but not the huge dog house I bought for them:-(

Quote:
Haha thank you - and proud is the very best discription of Charlotte!
And I agree! I made cute lil duck nests but nooo, they manage to get up the chook ramp and fit into the chook nesting boxes...
barnie.gif

Then the chooks lay in the duck nests because the ducks are hogging their area.

Back
Top Bottom