Share Pics of your Duck Eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I got some big 'ol eggs today and a teeny little "special" one, I think from Lillith or Linnea... I had to share, lol.
    Share your egg pics too!!

These are all from my Muscovies:
    [​IMG]

2. mustangluvrjen

mustangluvrjen Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    South Cakilaki
    I'll share [​IMG] This is a pic of 1 out of 5 duck eggs in the bator. Today is day 5. I made the pic b~n~w to highlight the veins. Should be hatching X-mas! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

What breed is the egg from? I've got almost a full bator of Muscovy eggs right now, some should be hatching within a week or so!

Quote:

5. mustangluvrjen

mustangluvrjen Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2010
    South Cakilaki
    They are Golden 300 hybrid layer duck eggs. Boyfriend got them for my daughter and I. He thought this would help the time pass by since he is in the military and wont be around for the holidays. The drakes will have the same coloring as Black Swedish drakes and the ducks will have similiar color to a khaki campbell duck. Cant wait!

6. kylee2katie

kylee2katie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    Stuttgart, Arkansas
    First 3 eggs from my pekin, "Big Momma"
    [​IMG]

Assortment of eggs - not sure which are who's - pekin, muskovy, or mallard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Top is Pekin
    Middle is Khaki
    Botton is Swedish/Pekin mix and a small Khaki egg

8. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Quote:Well.....sorta....but in most cases....not really....once they hatch you will see that they all look nothing alike....some are almost entirely black while others have eyestripes and are a light buff color...they can be basically any pattern or color but the females will be sorta brown and the males will be sorta black. We have a female (laying like mad [​IMG]) Golden 300 and have raised many other Golden 300's for other people to buy. Ours' (her name is Kip [​IMG]) is light brown with eyestripes like a Rouen, a lacing pattern like a GLW and some teal blue wing feathers. She and our Black Swedish "Ady" are in my Avatar. Golden 300's are truly awesome ducks. Have fun w/ hatching!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I couldn't help myself.. I cracked open the little "pullet" egg and was so sure it would just be white. Well to my suprise it was all Yolk.. i'm not even sure how that thing fit in there! I shoulda got a picture but it broke pretty quick on the side of the shell because it was spilling over, lol.

10. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Hopefully I can post some pics in a day or two - when I have a collection of eggs to photograph. I have borrowed two Runner ducks from a friend for about 2 months and one of them is laying green eggs. I only just brought her home today- so fingers crossed they will still lay in the morning so I can collect my first coloured egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by