Share pictures/stories of your Welsh Harlequins!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Empera, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Empera

Empera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Issaquah, WA
    Post pictures and any advice/information/stories of your welsh harlequins! I plan on getting a male soon and want to see pictures of the beautiful drakes. (or hens) [​IMG]

I also have Khaki Campbells as ducklings.

2. Bridget is my only WH, and somehow she came to land at the bottom of the pecking order in my small flock. But she was the only of my three hens to keep laying through January. My other two hens are a Khaki Campbell and a Runner. Bridget stopped laying and started molting Feb 1st.

Here she is at four months with her KC "sister"
    [​IMG]
    Here she is at 10 months, see the changes in her feathering?
    [​IMG]

3. Empera

Empera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Issaquah, WA
    Bridget is gorgeous and so is her KC sister. [​IMG]

Is she more flighty/shy compared to your KC? Just last night I bonded with my 2 week old KC ducklings, and am going to get my WH drake soon.

& How about noise levels?

4. Quote:As far as being flighty I would say they are about equal, although at bedtime Bridgett is more likely to go into the duckhouse when I ask than her "sis" Yacky is.
    Yacky has a much louder quack than Bridget, but Bridget goes through phases when she kinda squeaks or bleats like a sheep. It's even not as loud as her quack, but it's pretty persistant when the flock is excited about something. She has gone through these phases twice, once when I first brought her home at age four months and the drakes were rejecting and picking on her a lot. And now she's doing it again while she is going through a molt. I wonder if molting is uncomfortable?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by