Share what you are making in the kitchen... for gifts!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by vfem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I want to see what everyone is making in the kitchen right now, that is tasty, and a gift they love to give? Whether you are canning or baking... share what it is, some pictures or recipes if you have it to share! I think this year is going to be a BIG year for homemade gifts.... and I prefer the yummy ones!!!!

We made our own fermented fruit liquors this year, saving a few bottles for a few special people.

[​IMG]

Of course by request, we always gift some of our biscotti:
    [​IMG]

Friends and family usually get the cookies in a nice box w/ some coffee.

And a VERY few will get some of my jams. [​IMG] Looks like we're close to selling out this year.

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Lovely!!! I am in the process of chocolate covered cherries, fudge, chocolate crinkles, banana bread, mountain dew bread (cake actually, but I make it in little break pans), and i have a wonderful Xmas Cake that came from Gooseberry Patch that is as pretty to look at as it is to eat . . .would love to make a cheeseball or two also, but if I do that will sve them for the family. Have plans to make flavored vinegars next year. How did you do your liquor?

I also plan on making real vanilla and put it in pretty bottles for giving next year too.

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:The cherries sound amazing!!!!

I have to say, I made my own vanilla this year... but since I bake so much, I am using both quarts & I'm too cheap to share!!! HAHAHAHA

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Fudge now that I know how to make it, fruit cake a couple batches I was talked into making more, almond roca w/mixed nuts.....I made this last year at thanksgiving and went sliding all over the back seat of our truck and onto the floor...I was very upset about it. I also made chocolate covered cherries then and they were a hit.

5. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

we are going to go around to our friends and church family members one night next week with homemade Irish shortbread and home made cinnamon rolls. We have also given away homemade croissants before but those are hubbys speciality and its such an ordeal to get him to make them up that I might just be selfish and keep em all myself this year. [​IMG] It literaly does take him allll day to make them and he ONLY makes them once a year. They are good enough to fight over, 100x better than ANYTHING you have ever bought in a store. [​IMG] I cant wait! I dont have the recipes for the shortbread handy at the moment but for the cinnamon rolls I just use any basic white bread recipe (have used the one from gumpsgirl from the recipe fourum on here and it does great). I increase the sugar to half a cup, roll out after the first rise, generoulsy slather with butter, cinnamon and sugar, roll it up, slice, let it have its second rise then bake according to the bread recipe. Top it with a little powdered sugar icing and its just divine! the secret to good cinnamon rolls is not to over cook them. I pull them juuuuust this side of done.

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I am planning on making LOTS of chocolate truffles! In dark, milk and white chocolate with chocolate filling.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Cookies, english toffee, peanut butter cups, chocolate enrobed nuts, turtles and anything I can chocolatize. [​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:[​IMG]

9. Andyge

Andyge Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2010
    I will be making some of my home roasted coffee and my wife will be making some of her biscotti.

Andy

10. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Yum!!! Home roasted coffee sounds awesome... I've never tried it.

Today we are adding more Chocolate Bark to the list of what we are giving. Today we are putting crush peppermint candy canes on it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by