Share your chicken related gifts

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickened, Dec 25, 2012.

1. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Please share any chicken related gifts you received or gave. We won't think you are weird here. [​IMG]

I didn't get any BTW [​IMG]

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    my friend gave me a bowl with a chicken face on it, a lot cuter than it sounds! An she also gave me a pack of chicken noodle soup! Also I got my neighbor a coffee mug with a pretty rooster on it, but then he regifted it to me! [​IMG]

3. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    My wife did get a table runner with roosters on it. It was nice.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    No chicken gifts this year, but I got quite a few owl things! Seems like each year the gifts I get have a common theme. A few years ago it was chickens. Last year was peacocks. This year was owls.

5. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    My DW got me a dancing chicken that dances to a horrible off key "Camptown races". I was doen with either barrel drums like from Jamaica or some Chinese instrument. Horribly off key. The only saving grace is that if you pick the chicken up by the neck, it will flap it's arms and squawk like crazy.

I also got a few other roosters.

6. Spikes Chooks

Spikes Chooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    My first year of having chickens and my DH looked far and wide at the local mall. I got a doorstop in the shape of a rooster, a Pandora bracklet with 2 chicken charms, a cat (the Spike in my user name) and a love heart from the DH. I found this singing dancing Christmas chicken which I put under the tree to Spike the cat from the chickens. Friends' children help us intoduce them. They aren't clear (1) they are saying Merry Christmas from Rob and Katrina (2) We just had chocolate mousse pudding. It's hot in the summer here!!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  7. GatsbysGirl

GatsbysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    Central Illinois
    I got a Chicken Whisperer book from my mom. That is the only chicken related gift I got.

8. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Gave myself a cast iron bell with a rooster on top. It's going out by the yard gate. Also got 5 chicken saddles but I'm pretty sure that's more a gift for the chickens... LOL

9. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    My 11-year-old daughter gave me the BEST Christmas present I've ever received...she made miniature statues of our chickens (the 4 hens we have now, plus the rooster we had to give away) from Sculpey clay and baked them in the oven. They are no doubt the cutest things ever and I cried when I opened them! [​IMG] I took them to work with me today and made everyone stop by my desk to admire them...lol...

I also got a big ceramic hen that looks like a bowling ball with a head...lol...she's adorable...and a silver bookmark with a chick hanging from the end...kitchen towels, oven mitt and pot holder with a rooster on them...a little picture of a cartoon-y hen wearing a dress and glasses (she looks like a chicken version of Maxine...lol...) to hang at my desk at work...and even a Christmas card from my older daughter's boyfriend with a chicken on it...when you open it up, it plays the Chicken Dance song! Oh, and these things called Eggies that supposedly will hard boil eggs without you having to peel them (anyone ever tried them?)

A very chicken Christmas here!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by