Share your chicken treat recipes!

Kiwi Chicky

Songster
10 Years
Jul 18, 2009
Te Awamutu, NZ
After reading about the Healthy Chicken Muffins, I am going to pick up the ingredients and make some for my girls!

do you have any other good treat recipes?
So I can pick up the ingredients at the same time
smile.png

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as you. My girls think the occasional leftover or the dropped chip or cheese ball is a treat or the core of an apple or pear. They're worse than the dogs at begging and trying to steal food from you. They act like they've never had a feeder full of food at all times and they're starving. They're free-ranged and when you open the door they come running!!

Quote:
That's funny! My daughter thought it was so great to bring the chickens treats at first, but now as soon as they see her or hear her voice, they mob the door of the run so much that she gets a little scared to go in. (She's 5)

We've had to "delicately" condition them to back off a little bit.

Yeah, mine are getting very pushy, too. I do want them to be friendly but not down right needy.

I let mine out to free range yesterday and 2 started circling my chair and complaining because I didn't have any treats. Small feathered sharks!

The fence of the chicken run shares the fence of my veg. garden, so when I'm in the garden all they do is beg. They peck the fence when they are expecting a treat. It could be a tomato, piece of lettuce or a slug. Doesn't matter, they want it and expect it. Feathered sharks is right!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom