Share your funny chicken stories/experiences.

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by birdwrangler057, Dec 12, 2016.

1. birdwrangler057

birdwrangler057 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Hi everybody , I know you all have at least one hilarious bird story, please share!

2. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Overrun With Chickens

So we decided to let our broody hatch babies last year. Her name was Parakeet, so we named her hatched-daughter Finch, and her adopted cochin baby Canary. BOTH of them decided to live up to their names, and insisted on roostin gin the rafters! Every. Single. Night. Always. If you pull Canary down, even if it's dark out, she somehow gets back up high! [​IMG] I gave up putting her on the roost awhile ago [​IMG]

AND then there was my Anndi, the steriotypical black sex-link (last weeks POW, come to think of it). If you sat down near her, she would sneak up behind you and peck your back - HARD. We called her "The back-stabber" and not without reason! [​IMG]

3. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    LOL. I have had some what of the same experience from my Buff Orpington.

4. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Once, my Dad was sitting on the front porch eating a plate of fried chicken and mashed potato's, when up the stairs came Rocky, my Barred Rock. She slowly crept towards him, pretending like she was just foraging for insects and such, when out of no where, she pounced! Jumping up on my Dad's leg she grabbed his fried chicken leg and ran off with the whole thing in her beak, never to be seen again (referring to the chicken leg)!

[​IMG]

5. PeepersMama

[​IMG] Holy cow, that's hilrious! Sounds like when my crazy CQ girl Lucy grabbed my brother's full plate of a sandwich and potatoe chips right out of his hand, and pulled it down so the whole flock could share! I miss that chicken, she was pretty cool [​IMG]

6. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Quote:LOL

7. PeepersMama

[​IMG]
    This picture is litteraly worth a thousand words [​IMG]

8. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Is that your pic or off the internet

9. PeepersMama

It's mine. My sister took it at just the right time. Zailey was, like, the best horse EVER! Banana Smoothie is one of the few girls that s still laying at all right now [​IMG]

10. birdwrangler057

Oct 19, 2016
    South Carolina
    Man, it sounds like all of your animals are gone with the wind. And they all have some interesting names.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by