share your pics!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 13 chickens, Aug 3, 2013.

1. 13 chickens

13 chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    please share pics of your coop I would like to get some ideas for my Silkie/Chicks pen

2. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    I wanted something that I could get in and with lots of room. Also I'm in the country and grew up on farms I just could not convince myself to go with a small urban type coop. I'm use to chickens just living in barns The last four pictures are the final coop.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6518250/coop-run/

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  3. 13 chickens

Jul 20, 2012
    cool coop

4. Budski

Budski Just Hatched

May 27, 2013
    Somewhere in California
    We started the coop with the idea of making it a chicken tractor. We changed our minds and made it stationary, so we built a chicken run and have a short chunnel to connect the coop to the run.

We've got a globe grape vine that we started from seed that we're going to plant on the outside of the run so that it eventually provides shade.

Here's my original post and some recent pics:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/786274/hi-all

Da wife is an artist, so she came up with the colors and paint scheme for the coop portion. It looks great in my opinion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  5. 13 chickens

Jul 20, 2012
    cool, what breed of chicken is that

6. MelissaTXRn

MelissaTXRn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    They look like rhode island reds to me.

7. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Here is out new coop, but we are still working on the run.

8. MelissaTXRn

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. chynasparks

chynasparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    If you like, you can click on my album below. My husband built (and I helped) a 4x8x6 shed style coop/run for my 4 peeps. We can't free range so we opted for this complete enclosure. I call it FarmVille. We live on 1/2 acre right behind our little police/city hall. I can go inside to clean and visit my girls. They seem happy. I have ousted access door to the upper nest area. The run has no floor as we opted to place the coop on an existing concrete slab. I covered it with sand. We do plan to make a run that I can put them in and move them around the yard. Would love some ideas on a moveable run. We painted the coop serious grey same color as the house. Not my first choice but it does blend in well and the unused paint will be used for touch ups on the house. We could add to the coop if I were to add to the flock but I really don't want more than 4.

10. Scoopers804

Scoopers804 Chillin' With My Peeps

Home built from scratch after reading tons about keeping them safe, secure, dry and happy! Rather inexpensive 2x4 construction and has been working exactly as planned for the last few months. Full door on back for easy clean, Up a little higher than some because of farm country predators, cord pull on slider door to keep them in at night and let them out in the morn.. fenced running area when we're too busy to keep an eye on local threats.. Easy access egg door.. Two perches inside .. So far, so good! Our chickens are healthy and happy.. and so are we!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by