Share your themed coops and/or chicken village!

MEMama3

Songster
6 Years
May 23, 2013
Vacation Land; Maine
I started with a Golden Girls coop which housed our original four birds: Sophia Pecktrillo, Rose Egglund, Dorothy Zbornchick and Blanche Nevercreaux. They then got three additional roommates. The design is very 80s Miami. Then chicken math took over and our ever-broody Silkie mix was moved to a new coop designed Designing Women style where she is sitting on a clutch that will eventually fill the Designing Women coop. I was telling my hubby last night that if our silkies keeps going broody down the line we might need to set up a maternity ward for her that can double as a hospital. Wouldn't it be cute with a little red cross and a picture of a chicken holding a bundle of chicks like a stork holding a baby?

Anyways, I was saying with the addition of a maternity ward we'd have our own little chicken village. That of course sparked my imaginstion. I need a way to keep feed dry in the yard (they free range) and I was thinking I could do a roof suspended on 4x4s and make that into a diner. Precious, right?

So, I'd love to see your themed coops and yards as well as any chicken villages.

Mine also isn't ready but my farm is Fantasy Forest Farm. My first coop is Gryffindor Coop. All my chicks will be named after fantasy characters from Harry Potter. My husband surprised me with three bunnies and my daughter named them Caramel, Twix and Mousse . So I am going to turn the other shed in to a Willy Wonka themed coop!!!

Back
Top Bottom