Share your Wacky Animals!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FitzD, Feb 13, 2013.

1. FitzD

FitzD Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2012
    Chicago
    I live in the city and have very few animals. But they are such characters!.

I have a Silkie rooster that doesn't crow!
    A button quail that tries to mate with a Coturnix female (She lets him)!
    A Coturnix female that chases males only.
    An adult button quail that sleeps under the coturnix female.
    And a Button quail male that goes broody on chicks!

Share your wacky animal stories!

2. 15shenyl

15shenyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2012
    Yakima Washington
    My hens have a daily routine. At 7:30AM they croud around the gate wanting to free range. From 8Am to 12:00(noon) they each lay an egg in the same nesting box(if there's a broody hen or one laying, they dont care. Once all 7 of them were crammed into a box.) At 3:30PM they all jump on the fence in a line waiting for me to come home and give them a treat. After putting them all on the ground they rush over to the plate with there treat. After treats, we all walk 5 laps around the permitter or our huge back yard. Than we sit on the wood bench in a line with one hen on each of my knees laying on there sides sun bathing and all the hens take a nap, they even pur.
    One of my hens is really wacky. She is severly brain damaged with a very bad eye and wing, but she is the funniest and most adorable chicken in the entire world. She has always been left out sence she was a chick so she always had to fend for her self. She was the first to figure out to scratch and make holes in the cedar shavings in the box from 3 days old. One a few months ago, she came around and discovered the dog door. She is now poking her head through the door and sneaking in if were not home. Two weeks ago, I gave them a treat and she was in the nesting box getting ready to lay an egg. Of course she couldn't miss out so she runs over to get a snack. The next thing she does is stop, look up, squats down and is waddling as fast as she can bact to the coop. I follow her to make shur she's ok. She crawls into the nesting box, does a little grunt, and lays her egg. She could cair less about that egg because she shot out of that box right back to the treat. She is such a great joy to have!

3. Scottyhorse

Scottyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2012
    Eastern Wa
    Hmm lets see....

1. A puppy who will play with one of the cats (who also loves to play with the puppy)
    2. A fat dog and a fat cat who sleep with each other.
    3. A goat who will come in the house. She had to live in the house for a few weeks after a huge surgery a couple months ago.
    4. A chicken who has been taught to use the swing in the front yard. He also comes in the house. And everywhere with my little brother.
    5. A flock or chickens who swarm the back door every time you come out for treats. They will also grab your toes.
    6. A male pygmy goat who has started to sit like a dog.
    7. 5 horses who do stupid stuff everyday. It's amazing they live in the wild, really.

4. Scottyhorse

Scottyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2012
    Eastern Wa
    I would love to see pictures of them during the day at each time if you don't mind. That's so sweet!

5. FitzD

FitzD Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2012
    Chicago
    That is too funny! I can only imagine! Post a pick, I would love to meet them! My hens also lay in the same nest, The two more dominant ones my Buff orpington and Barred Rock will lay together if they need to. The poor Easter Egger waits her turn. She's the only one the rooster "flirts" with. He is scared to death of the other two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by