SHARING MY ANGER

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Wulfagor, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Wulfagor

Wulfagor Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2013
    today,i woke up do my own stuf,eat,bath,etc...i went to the coop just like everyday..i went to check on my baby chicken in the coop,and i was so angry..went i look at my baby chicken legs,they are all bloody and almost each of their leg is twisted like 2-5 time!i know imediately NON of these are animal act nor snake or whatver..i know this is a human act..i suspect my neighbour since he always hate our chicken,always give us that kind of look...my baby chicken had their leg twisted thats all.. i might post the picture of it..anger and sadness...

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  2. DeckDuck

DeckDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    You mean to say that your neighbor went into your coop at night and violently broke your chickens' legs?!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  3. Wulfagor

Wulfagor Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2013
    ok,then honestly did the snake came bye and break and twist only their toes,legs then decided to leave because he had a date?dude i realy love my chicken,and im super aggressive towards anyone that abuse animal..

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    perhaps you wouldn't be better off posting photos of the injury to see if there could be another explanation.

If you believe it to be true report them for animal cruelty

5. DeckDuck

DeckDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    I didn't mean to be insensitive. It's terrible that this happened to your chickens! I love mine like pets so I can understand how awful it must be. In fact, this is probably just about one of the worst things that could happen to livestock and every livestock owner's worst nightmare. At least a disease or predator, horrible though they are, is a known danger.

I think you should call the police right away. Be sure to mention that this could only have been done by human hands and that you're worried for your own safety. Police tend to be much more concerned about people's safety than chickens', but it's not unreasonable to wonder if next time it would be your house or yourself that's targeted after something this violent and deliberate. Get the police out to your house to document and investigate this if you can.

6. Beulah89

Beulah89 Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG that's crazy! So the chickens are dead? Do you have a pic or is it too disturbing?

7. TTracy

TTracy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Western Michigan
    I am so sorry! What a horrible thing to have happened!

8. MamaDoodle

MamaDoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2013
    Tennessee
    My Coop
    Oh my God! What kind of monster..!? I'm so, so sorry...what can be done? :mad:

9. rheston

rheston Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2013
    Philomont, VA
    My Coop
    I hope, as agonizing as it might be, you took pictures and contacted the police immediately. Whether or not they can do anything about it isn't as important as having this on official records with them for future times. I would also suggest putting locks on your coop. I have a lock on the access to the run are and another on the coop, ramp door, and nest boxes. It sounds like a bit of overkill but even in my rural area there are city slicker newbies to country living who don't yet know how to respect the privacy of their neighbors property and possessions.

1 person likes this.
  10. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Oh that's terrible! Darn neighbors. :( I'm sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by