Sharing: My girls are starting their fifth week

tiffanyg2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
SC
Quote:I dream of owning a farm one day~ until then I will most definately turn this house into one!! Cute babies~ Love the Bo's!

MydearWatson

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 20, 2010
CT
CUTE!! Thanks for sharing!

I have the same brooder set up but I am using puppy pads rather than shavings. How are you finding that the shavings work out for you? Do they kick it out a lot over the cardboard you have on the walls? Mine kick their sand all over the place and I have cardboard up too, I cant imagine how shavings would be but I'd like to try it.

stcroixusvi

Songster
8 Years
May 5, 2011
Western NC
My Coop
Honestly, if you told me I'd be watching a chicken video two months ago......and yet here I am!

Mine are 2 weeks old yesterday. It is amazing how fast they grow. Thanks for posting.

WriterChick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Maine
Quote:I like the pine shavings. I keep a broom handy, though, because not only does the Barred Rock and the Australorps kick the pine shavings out, but the feed, too! Not a lot, but enough to make me have to sweep periodically. I really don't mind - in a few months they will be supplying me and some friends with eggs.

AUChick9202

Songster
Apr 9, 2011
Utah
Very cute! I have a couple of chicks that age. They are so fun!

What kind of chicken is that one with the reddish wings? I have one like that too.....just wondering what you are calling it

Top Bottom