Sharing: My girls are starting their fifth week

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by WriterChick, May 25, 2011.

1. WriterChick

WriterChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Maine
    http://cricklewoodfarm.com/blog/?p=312

I
    posted a video of my girls from a few days ago - they are growing (to my newbie eyes) at an incredible rate. I noticed to day some of the BOss and BAs have "wattle buds." Exciting! [​IMG]

2. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Quote:I dream of owning a farm one day~ until then I will most definately turn this house into one!! Cute babies~ Love the Bo's! [​IMG]

3. MydearWatson

MydearWatson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    CUTE!! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

I have the same brooder set up but I am using puppy pads rather than shavings. How are you finding that the shavings work out for you? Do they kick it out a lot over the cardboard you have on the walls? Mine kick their sand all over the place and I have cardboard up too, I cant imagine how shavings would be but I'd like to try it.

4. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    Honestly, if you told me I'd be watching a chicken video two months ago......and yet here I am!

Mine are 2 weeks old yesterday. It is amazing how fast they grow. Thanks for posting.

5. chickNpink

chickNpink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Missouri
    Too cute! Boy, you have a house full [​IMG] Thanks for sharing!

6. WriterChick

WriterChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Maine
    Quote:I like the pine shavings. I keep a broom handy, though, because not only does the Barred Rock and the Australorps kick the pine shavings out, but the feed, too! Not a lot, but enough to make me have to sweep periodically. I really don't mind - in a few months they will be supplying me and some friends with eggs. [​IMG]

7. AUChick9202

AUChick9202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    Very cute! I have a couple of chicks that age. They are so fun!

What kind of chicken is that one with the reddish wings? I have one like that too.....just wondering what you are calling it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by