Shavings? and Travel Tips Please

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by High Mountain Chic, Mar 1, 2009.

1. High Mountain Chic

High Mountain Chic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2009
    Leadville Colorado
    Hi! I am heading down to denver on monday morning to pick up my 6 EEs. I will have a warm box already to go... my questions is do I need to give them water & feed during the trip? My house is about 2 hours away in good weather. I will provide whatever they need, but I wanted to check in with the BYC experts!

Also- I am getting my chicks from a fellow BYC member who has had them for about a week. Can they have pine shavings in their brooder by now or should i be using paper towels for a while? Oh and one more question- I bought some Solid Grip Liner ( like what you put inside a cabinet to keep glasses from slipping) to put on the bottom of my brooder (under the shavings) to keep the little guys from slipping. It claims to be washable, nontoxic, non adhesive, and seems pretty tuff. It is a solid sheet and so no place for little toes to get caught. Has anyone used this or have comments on it?

Thanks I LOVE BYC!

2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

They should be able to do 2 hours with no feed or water. But you can offer 1/2 and apple and it will take care of both. How exciting!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by