Shaws Snow day Silliness and Southie Sense of humor Thread

click on English subtitles
I've had pheasants do this before, that's the reason I will always tell someone asking if they can have a community pen or keep different species in the same pen, the answer is usually NO!, keep the different species seperated, it might work for awhile but most of the time it will end up in a blood bath at best and at worse the death of one or both of the cock birds.

I would like to get some rackelhahns enlisted in the world wide war on dux
:lau
Be careful of what you wish for....that's the reason some of us 'purist' greatly condemn peeps that crossbreed or hybridized pure bloodlines. ;)
That one cock bird could wipe out that whole population of indigenous birds!

Be careful of what you wish for....that's the reason some of us 'purist' greatly condemn peeps that crossbreed or hybridized pure bloodlines. ;)
That one cock bird could wipe out that whole population of indigenous birds!
They didn’t say, or if they did, I missed it because they were speaking Greek..

Was that bird bred in captivity or a natural phenomenon?

That bird would die the first time he saw a raccoon, or eagle.

No, it is not feasible. Some raise them for their beauty, others to keep pure blood lines, and offer adult, juveniles, eggs to others who want to do the same....here again, would you eat $400 or $3,000 birds? And it's not just the money that these birds command, there is a great amount of pride in having a great breeding program and being able to offer these birds to others, in the hope that they will continue the pure lines.
But on the same hand, don’t people spend wicked money on fighting birds, only for them to succumb to another? I never understood that either. :idunno

On a lighter note: time for a laugh! This is my escapee, going on 3 years now, been surviving on it's own. He just loves to chase after my 4 wheeler and tractor! :lau

They didn’t say, or if they did, I missed it because they were speaking Greek..

Was that bird bred in captivity or a natural phenomenon?

That bird would die the first time he saw a raccoon, or eagle.
I am thinking that it was cross from captivity that escaped? Those two species might be able to breed but I doubt very seriously that they would be able to have a viable population.

No, it is not feasible. Some raise them for their beauty, others to keep pure blood lines, and offer adult, juveniles, eggs to others who want to do the same....here again, would you eat $400 or $3,000 birds? And it's not just the money that these birds command, there is a great amount of pride in having a great breeding program and being able to offer these birds to others, in the hope that they will continue the pure lines.

I didn't think it would be. Pheasants and grouse certainly are gorgeous birds, but people do hunt and eat them as well.
I wouldn't have even thought about eating them if it wasn't for @R2elk, lol.
I would love to have some pheasant one day, just to keep for eye candy :love

I didn't think it would be. Pheasants and grouse certainly are gorgeous birds, but people do hunt and eat them as well.
I wouldn't have even thought about eating them if it wasn't for @R2elk, lol.
I would love to have some pheasant one day, just to keep for eye candy :love
No other species of birds with the exception of birds of paradise, have a vast array of 'rainbow' color in their plumage!

Back
Top Bottom