She’ll probably die won’t she?

Dr.GarryTTucker

Songster
5 Years
May 1, 2018
Southeast Texas
E660CB81-273E-4ECD-9344-A7E93519BE07.jpeg
One of my C Monsters has a bad leg. She’ll probably die won’t she? She doesn’t eat as much food as the rest. And I’m not sure if she makes t to the other side to get drink. That’s just one of the things about Cornish Crosses right?

Attachments

• 27DFB109-E9D2-4A52-B2CF-538F4A918343.jpeg
    27DFB109-E9D2-4A52-B2CF-538F4A918343.jpeg
    732.4 KB · Views: 11
View attachment 1405692 One of my C Monsters has a bad leg. She’ll probably die won’t she? She doesn’t eat as much food as the rest. And I’m not sure if she makes t to the other side to get drink. That’s just one of the things about Cornish Crosses right?

she does eat but not sure it can drink how old are they now please.. try dipping her beak in the water a bit see if she drinks

Not sure what’s wrong she doesn’t move that leg. She acts as though it’s numb and lays on her belly a lot . She is 3 days old. Food and water are 6 inches apart and she is in the middle when I put her there. But she will move away on her own

Here is some really good info she might have perosis it's in this link.https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

I'd keep food and water close to her separate from the rests food and water so she can get to it when she wants too. They need a lot of nourishment when that age. And can adapt pretty good from leg injuries and handicaps.

You might even place her an another chick into a make shift brooder inside your brooder so she can eat drink and rest but still be with the rest of the chicks. She deserves a chance. :)

A chick chair or sling may help her get her footing while she is on some chick vitamins or NutriDrench. Leg bone deformities are common in chickens, and more often in broiler chickens. Varus valgus deformity and tibial dyschondroplasia are some of the common ones. She also could have injured it. I would make her a chick chair or sling to get her up and in front of small cups of food and water. Here is some reading about leg deformities:
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/1051/leg-health-in-large-broilers/

Back
Top Bottom