"she" crowed, HE'S YOURS!!!

WildBurroShirts.com

Songster
11 Years
Dec 4, 2008
Carson City, NV
tongue.png
hmm.png

If you're on BYC and anywhere near Carson City, NV and you'd like a FREE EE rooster that was hatched by Ideal on 12-17-08...PM me and come get him!

He crowed for the first time today and I'd like him gone, please. Sooner the better.
big_smile.png

I still don't know how to post a pic but here's a link, if that'll work?

http://reno.craigslist.org/grd/1037707442.html

Might want to re-post or move this post to the trading section to get more responses!

He just hatched in December and crowed already!?! I have two EE roos (by mistake) from Ideal that hatched on 11/24/08 and they still haven't crowed or showed any signs of crowing. I live in a suburb, I'm praying for miraculously silent roos.
wink.png

Quote:
Thanks, maybe I should.

They only guarantee 90% accuracy. Hard to believe that you 'always' get some mistakes though.

He crowed for the first time in front of me today...but it might have been due to the excitement of the idiot Austrolorps squeezing thru the fence and screaming their heads off.

But then he did it again...enamored of his own voice I think.
roll.png

This makes me nervous that my two EE's, which are about 3 weeks older than yours I think, will start crowing any day.
tongue.gif

But mine don't seem anywhere near aggressive as yours, it sounds like you got a rotten roo!
sad.png

Last edited:
Maybe they crow when you're not out there? Are too focused on you/cuddles when you're there to crow?

I just fed and picked Coburn up and had a little 'chat' with him. He gave me the stinkeye but didn't try and bite.

I'm a little nervous as my most beautiful bird looks like might be a roo as well...and that one I'm keeping. S/He's soooooooo shy.

And not all that bright: I'll be handing out strawberry slices and s/he'll be hanging back and I'll throw some and the dumb bird will run AWAY right when all the other girls are running towards the food.
tongue.png

um--- was he/she alone??
The reason I ask is.. 2 weeks ago, my broody hen started CROWING once her eggs were gone! several times a day-- cock-a-doodle-doo!!!! Once we gave her more eggs.. the next day the crowing stopped! We were told here at BYC that Hens WILL crow if there are no Roo's around!!

Quote:
Whoa! Serious???
lol.png

Nope, it was me, the 15 of them (EEs). 15 seriously silly Austrolorps pushing themselves like cheese thru grater at the fence. And 10 BSL's chicks in the other brooder.

But he was looking out the 8 foot window and it was snowing heavy so maybe s/he was just admiring the snow?

I still think it's a he from the 'tude though.
sad.png

edited because I can't count today.

Last edited:
Quote:
O....K....now that TWO of you have said that I'm thinking you're not just pulling my leg.
lol.png

Uh...does it stop when the eggs come? Was your hen mean towards the other girls, pecking their heads or at their eyes?

Hens will become "dominant"...even "Mounting" the othjer hens & crowing until a Roo is introduced!!!

Someone suggested a recording of a Roo if you do not want a real one!

Back
Top Bottom