She growled at me, so I gave her.....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jan 10, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    eggs.
    When I let the chickens out this morning and went in the coop to check on things, Girlie, who was sitting on a nestbox, started growling at me; even though I wasn't anywhere near her.
    She kept up the growling and added stinkeye as I checked the other nests for eggs. I decided to give her the eggs (3) that I collected. As I put each egg in the box with her she raised up and tucked them under her.
    I doubt she's going broody, since there's an anti-broody force field around this farm. I think it's more likely she's still seriously ticked at me for putting her back in a saddle yesterday.
    I'm hoping the eggs will appease her either way. If she is going broody, maybe the extra eggs will encourage her. If it's just a matter of a saddle anger, perhaps the gifts will keep her from killing me in my sleep. [​IMG]

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG]

3. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    [​IMG] sounds like she's broody to me. They're just keeping you on you toes. As soon as you think they will never go broody, they decide to shake things up by going hormonal. [​IMG]

4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Not that she would have any oppertunities to catch you sleeping. [​IMG]

Dont forget to mark the gifts, so you can take away any gifts the other hens give her.

5. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    i expected to read

"the ol heave hoe" (following the first sentence)

lol

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    hahaha either way I would sleep with one eye open...some broody wenches can still wish to kill you in your sleep because you did not give them enough eggs, gave them unsatisfactory eggs or gave them too many or the wrong color or or or

[​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Nah, it was simply saddle anger. The (anti-broody) force is strong. [​IMG]

8. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw, too bad but if it makes you feel any better I have a couple of girls who decide they're going to go broody every once in awhile. It lasts exactly as long as it takes me to get back in the house from the chicken coop.

9. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    LOL! Sounds like she's broody! That's what all my broody hens do--growl and tuck them under! I bet she'll sit on them if you let her! [​IMG]

10. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Well, you didn't put the pink dress on her did you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by