1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

She HID her eggs from me!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sonderah, Jan 20, 2014.

1. sonderah

sonderah Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    So, one if my red sex links was in the nest box today when I went out. I filled food and water and when I turned to look at her, she was hiding the egg she'd just laid under the straw!! It was so funny to watch her. I'm thinking maybe she is fixing to go broody on me. I still took her egg, and found a few more hiding. She pecked me and growled, but wasn't painfully ferocious or anything. It was kind of cute!!

2. xmonster0

xmonster0 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2013
    Calhan Colorado
    YOU HAVE A BROODY HEN!

let her have her eggs and you will have chicks, assuming you have a rooster of course. alot of times when they really badly want to go broody they will hide em growl at you and peck at you , it is all normal for a broody hen, CONGRATS!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  3. GD91

GD91 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2013
    UK
    [​IMG] Broody hen!!!

Let her have chicks, then post pics in a few weeks![​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  4. sonderah

sonderah Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Wow! Never expected one of my sex links to go broody. That's y I bought 2 Buff Orpingtons last Fall. Lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by