She is just TOO Spoiled...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lilbabychickens:), Sep 25, 2010.

1. lilbabychickens:)

lilbabychickens:) Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2010
    The Boondocks
    I got chicks as a graduation gift. (Awesome right??? [​IMG] ) I raised them at the ag classroom at my school, and they have been LOVED on since they came in the mail. I kept the six friendliest, and sold the others for money to put towards college living, but they are at home and I am at college. My mom kind of knows what she is doing, but we are having issues with "Dolly" my buff orp banty. She is just too spoiled! Sh ehas always been my favorite, so she has been outside a lot by herself with just me. Now that the flock is free ranging outside (supervised of course) for afew hours a day, she wont stay with them! She has even run across the road to attack the neighbors cat, all on her own! She also wont move with them when we try to drive them back in. She literally stops and looks up at you, expecting to be carried. She will not move until you pick her up. The rest of the girls wil lbe back in the coop, and she will still be waiting to be carried outside! We have tried tough love, and having new people care for her, but she does it to everyone. How can we make Dolly act like a chicken????

2. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    How long has this been going on? I would say it should just be a matter of time. I have had some hold outs in my day, especially when moving chickens to a new coop. I had one refuse to go up at night for three weeks. I would find her roosting in a bush or under a tree. I would carry her to her coop every night. Finally she got it and I haven't had a problem since.

3. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    My Alfred is just like that! I let them out in the morning and count nine chickens. I stick my head in the pop door and see Alfred still sitting on the roost whining and waiting to come out. I just let him do it because he is my favorite and it hasn't gotten annoying yet. *knock on wood*

4. lilbabychickens:)

lilbabychickens:) Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2010
    The Boondocks
    she was hatched in april and it has been going on for her duration in her outdoor coop. She just doesnt want to be a chicken. I dont know how to make her, and I just wish she would feel better with her own kind. I feel like a terrible "mom!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by