She is letting her rip out her feathers?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Margy1, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Margy1

Margy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    We have an americana and some EE. The americana has the big puffy face. one of the other girls Princess keeps pulling out the puffy feathers on her neck and the americana (Peckers) is letter her! She will stand there and not move, look straight up in the air and let Princess pull out the feathers!!! Peckers is getting bald on her neck. I don't have a picture of it right now.

Is there a way we can stop this behavior?????????????? TYIA

2. tcstoehr

tcstoehr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2014
    Canby, Oregon
    I don't know of any way except getting rid of Princess. I have a RIR that occasionally feather picks at my BO. If it was more constant that RIR might find herself in serious trouble.

3. Margy1

Margy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    IS there something that she perhaps is missing in her diet? She's not hurting her, like I said she lets her do it, and there's no blood or anything, its almost like Peckers has dirty feathers and Princess wants to clean them, but is too rough Lol.

But we just lost one of our girls in January, and I can't loose another one right now...im a big baby, and they are my babies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by