She is making me crazy! Family!!

19Dawn76

Songster
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Toadsuck, AR
This is going to be long.

My cousin lost her father 8 years ago, her brother 5 years ago and last year she lost her mother. She is divorced with 3 kids. Last year after her mother died she married a man in PRISON. This man fathered a child with her friend then after 6 months of playing house put her in the ER with a broken jaw. This man continued to abuse her friend until he was put in PRISON for the abuse. Now, I do not know the abuse laws etc. but I do know the abuse had to be frequent and documented for him to go to PRISON for it. This is the man "Betty" decided to MARRY. While he was in prison for abusing her friend.

For the past 15 years she has gone from job to job house to house goverment apartment etc. she works for a while then gets tired of it and quits. She has lived off the govermnet and the kindness of family and friends and any church she can sucker into paying her light bill. The goverment apartment she lived in cost her 11 dollars a month and she got kicked out cause she had to pay the light bill and didn't. She gets food stamps and throws partys and at the end of the month her kids are eating mac and cheese for the whole week.I used to "loan" her money and I never got it back so I quit. When she wanted money I took it out i trade. i.e. you need a hundred bucks I need my house cleaned, laundry done, whatever. My other cousin "Jane" has also helped Betty way more than me. She just "loaned" the money, bought her kids coats, school supplies, paid dues for school clubs etc.

When Bettys mother died she got a lump sum of money 80, 000. Jane was in a pinch and asked to borrow 2,000. Jane is the type of person that I would loan money to in a heartbeat because I know I would get it back. Betty refused. Jane never said anything to Betty about the refusal other than "I understand" So Betty gets this money and all of a sudden she has "friends" she took these friends to Tunica, Dallas and six flags you name it she did it.

This morning I get a call from Betty. Betty is supposed to have foot surgery in the morning and she wants me to take her. She also has to pay 150.00 to the DR before the surgery and needs a "loan" to cover it. When I heard that she was broke I asked her what happened to the insurance money she got. SHE BLEW IT ALL. She has a car that is 5 years old (paid for) and an acre of land she put a down payment on but will probably loose cause she can't keep up the payments.

I am very upset. I am sick of Betty and her stupid, foolish choices. She has never learned form her mistakes. She uses her kids to get people to do things for her. She refused a 2,000 loan to a family member that has, for the last 12 years put clothes on her kids and food in their mouths etc. I am tempted to just let her have it with both barrels. Everyone feels sorry for her cause her Dad, Mom, Bro are all dead but I have had it. I'm all stressed now cause i know she needs thw surgery but AHHHHHHHHH! I am sick of doing and doing for her. Did I tell you this woman is 35?

Last edited:
I used to have a friend who would often call in the middle of the night for me to come rescue her from whatever mess she'd gotten herself into this time. So it continued until one night, instead of answering the phone, I reached over and unplugged it.

We aren't friends anymore, but she did get her act together after that.

I would let her find her own ride.....the kids are being raised and influenced by her whether you help or not....you can't change that.

Call social services to help the kids...write her off and get on with your life or you will drive yourself batty or worse.

If you help her out, you are enabling her. That is what they do, look for enablers. And she will use the kids to get it.
She made her choices, let her learn from them. Also, do you really think the kids are better off with her?

yeah its hard to watch... i have someone like that on a lesser degree. my new thing when she calls "well you know i have my own problems" and that keeps her away. mostly.

good luck and ugh!

Quote:
I agree with Cetawin. Get Social Services involved, and do not get yourself involved with her anymore. You can only do so much for someone else before destroying yourself.

She needs to have a big dose of reality, and hearing the word "no" is a good start.

hugs.gif

I would tell her no, and leave it at that. If she pushes, tell her she has abused you and the rest of the family long enough. If she continues to press her, unload. I know you feel bad for her kids, but she has made it clear that she has no concern for them. Calling Social Services is a good idea too.

Back
Top Bottom