She is teasing me with her song

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Glos Girls, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Glos Girls

Glos Girls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    This is the fourth time today my girl is teasing me with her beautiful Egg Song... no egg yet, but I will keep checking every time I hear her..lol It is so cute, she sings and all of the girls rush to the coop door to find out it if happened yet. They are just like people awaiting the arrival of a little one! [​IMG]

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    [​IMG] I had to laugh at your post....because the same thing happened to me, TOO!! My first layer sang and sang and sang, mostly bwaaking, but occasionally the egg song...drove me NUTS! Like you, I kept going out there, checking, nothing. After about the third day of this nonsense I finally said "that's it, stick a fork in me, I'm done!" and I quit checking.

It wasn't 4 hours later she did it again, I made myself stay in the house...I'm not going out there....NOT! I went out, peeked in the nest boxes, and there was the most beautiful little light brown egg I ever saw!! [​IMG] So just about the time you're ready to give up, they'll fool you and lay their first egg.....

Best of luck to you!! Let us know!

1 person likes this.
  3. Glos Girls

Glos Girls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    [​IMG]SHE DID IT!!! :) We have our first egg, we are so proud lol I was preparing myself to wait a couple days but nope, my girl pulled it off. Now for the others to do the same.
    And you are right, it is the most beautiful little brown egg I have ever seen. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Ibicella

Ibicella Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2009
    Everett, WA
    CONGRATS!!!! [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Can't wait till mine get old enough to do that, but since they are only one month old, I have to wait till December. [​IMG]

5. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Told ya so...told ya so!!! [​IMG] My girl laid another beautiful egg this morning! Now if I could just get the other three to get their fuzzy-butts in gear!!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by