She Jumped in My Lap!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GoldDogsMom, Oct 19, 2011.

1. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Yippee! It happened!!! My 7 week old girl, Brave Chicken hopped up in my lap this morning!!! [​IMG] I call her Brave Chicken because she is the first to try/do anything, first as a fuzzy butt to check me out, first to jump on the roost in the coop, first out into the new run, first to jump up on the shelf in the converted shed/coop, first on the high roosts in the run and NOW First in my lap!

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    That's terrific!! [​IMG] Being a chickie mom is awesome, yes?

3. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I LOVE it! Just yesterday I was saying how comfortable they are around me and that I couldn't wait for them to jump in my lap and then TaDa, today was the day!

4. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

RattlesnakeRidgeWV Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Congrats, it is a really neat feeling isn't it. Check out my Roo "Dundee" who does it on a regular basis.
    The link is under my signature.

5. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Quote:Good Looking Rooster! So sweet when they come to "visit"! I am just happy I have been able to spend extra time with these girls and allowed them to become accustomed to me, I didn't my first time around and the 3 remaining from that group would rather chase me then cuddle!

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:He's like - WHERE ARE MY TREATS! [​IMG]

Hehehe

My new ones jump in my lap too! I was sitting outside with one on my lap, and my polish, Wendy, got jealous and jumped up on my shoulder to bawk at the newcomers [​IMG]

7. GardenState38

GardenState38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    I know the feeling exactly! [​IMG]
    Brave Chicken sounds like my little Clementina (a bantam Easter Egger).
    Happy for you! [​IMG]

8. GoldDogsMom

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    So glad to be part of BYC, my "other" friends don't get it and my DH has concluded that I have LOST MY MIND! [​IMG] Thanks for the comments and support!

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

My fiancĂ©e also thinks I'm bonkers! [​IMG]

At least you guys understand!!!

10. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    I had a few do that and they were killed now I have a Buff Orpington by the name of Blondie who love sitting with me also like that. Make your heart sing to see the trust, love and no fear like they normally have for most things that move. Blondie just comes into my lap and closes her eyes and does that cooing sound they make when sleep in the brooder at night. Just melts your heart.

Congrats on your accomplishment of trust. It is a wonderful feeling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by