1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

she just freaks out!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dallandrafae, Nov 4, 2011.

1. dallandrafae

dallandrafae Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2011
    One of my girls seems to have an unusual problem. when the sun starts to go down and the others go to roost, Tufty freaks out big time. she runs around looking for them and wont go into the coop, she will sit on top of it and wait for me. Its getting me really worried, when it rains she gets soaked, when it snows she gets snowed on so i have to go and put her in. Whats wrong? is she scared of the dark? or is it something else? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    You might want to try a nightlight of sorts and see if that helps. [​IMG]

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

My chickens do this if they can't find the door [​IMG]

Nightlight would help!

4. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I had to do that one night when I had a raccoon attack...my family left the coop open. I got the coon under control, but couldn't wrangle my girls in the dark, so I put a lamp in the coop, and they gravitated toward the light (where they could SEE), and all got back into the coop, though it took them a while to calm down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by