She laid her egg in my hand!!

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
ep.gif

I went in to collect eggs this morning and there was a barred rock on the nest. I deliberately reach under them if I catch one on the nest because I want them to get used to me doing that. So I reach under her and there is nothing. But, as I pull my hand away she straightens her legs and looks like she's straining so I put out my hand and

PLOP!

Right in my hand!!
thumbsup.gif

I couldn't believe it! She just looked at me and hopped down while the next lady hopped in as if she was waiting in line!
gig.gif

Three boxes but they wait for that one! Silly girls!

The ultimate compliment? Very helpful kind of girl?
lau.gif

Put a carton in that nest- see if they will lay in order......pointy end down-

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I guess I am lucky that it was an EGG!!
lau.gif

Lord, now theres a thought!
sickbyc.gif
But really, thats pretty neat, I aint never heard of that before!​

Very cool!
It's happened to me with my silkies on a few occasions though admittedly, I have been known to wait a minute or 2 for the experience
big_smile.png

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I guess I am lucky that it was an EGG!!
lau.gif

Yeah, for sure.

Doncha just love warm eggs? Makes you want to cup them and keep them that way.​

Oh, that's neat!

We have several of our big hens that come running to be picked up when they see my son or I. This fall, I had scooped up our big Buff Cochin girl and was scratching her head and under her wings. We hear a "thunk" and looked at each other and said, "Huh? What was that?" Then we both looked down to see the gloppy mess of the broken egg all over my shoe! I set Stella down, and she quickly ate the mess and waddled off to find the rest of her group.

Back
Top Bottom