She made me cry!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by countrygirl4513, Aug 17, 2007.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I wish I had a picture of this but I will have to describe it instead.
    I have suffered with a migraine headache since 9:00pm last night, this morning while trying to muttle through I was sitting in a chair in my liv.rm. looking out on my front porch through the window. I noticed Buffy sitting there looking at me and just a talking like crazy(she's a very talkative girl, bawk, bawk, especially at me) So, I decide to open the window about a foot and start a conversation with her. She trots over to me and through the screen starts to jabber on. So, I slide the screen up trying to entice her to jump up on the window seal and visit. All of a sudden, Blackie (black cochin hen) comes up and hops up on the seal and lets me love her!!!!!!! [​IMG] Now Blackie never lets us pet her! Never! I was so moved, I cried [​IMG] while loving her. Regardless of this blame migraine I marveled at the fact that she decided to trust me enough to love her. CHICKENS!!! You just gotta love'em. [​IMG]

2. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    That is so neat! [​IMG] It's amazing how animals can sense when we are sick or upset and be extra loving.

3. Zenbirder

Zenbirder Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    New Mexico
    [​IMG]
    How sweet.
    Hope you are getting better today.

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    wow, you give me hope yet! I have only one b.r. that lets me pick her up and love on her. Others are just starting to eat out of my hand...now I am talking 33 chickens. [​IMG] That is so wonderful and I am really happy for you. I, too, suffer from migraines but have learned to stop them in their tracks...of course, it is different for everyone. Hope you feel better soon. [​IMG]

5. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Ozark Hen,
    How do you stop the migraines? Mine develop from
    TMJ,(Temporomandibular joint disorder) during the night. But this one last night was due to a new med. the dr. put me on yesterday. Needless to say I won't be taking that again. I wish I could get some relief. There are mornings I need a crowbar to pry my jaws apart.

6. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Hon, my one daughter is a nurse and she has TMJ, too. If you massage those two muscles running down the back of your neck, it should give you some relief. Put pressure on the muscles and drag your fingers down them. My dr. sent me to an allergist and he cost me $500 to tell me I was allergic to DOGS. We have four in the house. LOL I told him the dogs were not going anywhere. Dr. suggested I take Exedrin Migraine at the very start of my headaches and I have had a rare headache since then...two years ago. This might not work for you since yours is from TMJ. I use to have my DH wet terry cloth towels in very hot water, wring them out and he would put one behind my neck and one over my eyes, it would take awhile but it would work. Now the dogs do not bother me but let me walk into a place where perfume is very strong and I can feel one coming on fast. I take my Exedrin and get out asap. Weather can be a factor also. I watch the barometer..when it falls I feel one come on and take some pills again. Good luck and I really do hope you feel better as they can make you sick to your stomach.
    edited to add: if you can get someone else to rub those neck muscles it will be better. My daughter was amazed at how fast hers went away when I did her neck.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  7. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thats neat your chicken came up an loved on you.

I have one also, she is a spaz case and NEVER lets me pet her, except if I am crying, she will come up and jump in my lap, and then she is the most loving thing, and we comfort each other. [​IMG] She HATES to see me cry.

Jill

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Regarding migraines: I suffered for years with strange headaches that I didn't think were migraines because they weren't like migraines my mom had. But at my DH's urging, I pursued it with my doctor, and she gave me a sample of Imitrex in nasal spray form (since my migraines made me vomit) as a test. It worked!!! Now I take a spray at the first sign of a migraine which is a certain feeling above my right eyeball, and the migraine is GONE in about 20-30 minutes. I usually felt pretty wiped-out the rest of the day, but at least I'm not throwing up into a plastic bag in the basement at my office job.

My mom suffered so much over the years with migraines, and the doctors never really paid attention or knew about modern migraine meds. Best of luck to you. Puruse treatment!

9. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Jill, that is amazing!!!

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    PS: I think your chicken's responses were exceptional. They are a treasure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by