She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I have heard that white silkies lay white eggs .
A good clue is the ear color for nearly all breeds. Chooks whith white ears usually lay white eggs. My silkies are grey/black with blue ears and lay a light/medium brown egg.

I don't know. My first batch of silkies is an 11 week old pair. The second silkie batch is 7, seven week old, straight run. I'm so happy the first two turned out to be a pair. I'm looking forward to little white fluff balls next spring! Someone on the silkie thread just got their first egg at 17 wks! I'm going to be just as excited as you when I get my first!

Amy, how long were your pullets laying for before you incubated their eggs?
About 2 months. By then, the majority of them were a decent size and I was fairly comfortable setting them. (Of course, as you all know, I was second guessing the Polish and silkies.)

My silkie's eggs - all 4 of them and they are supposed to be full silkies lay an off white almost pale pink egg.

Too funny about taking the fake eggs out - mine have had the same golf ball in the nest for 2 years now. It helped when we moved and when I had a series of temporary nest boxes. They see the golf ball, they know where to lay.

Betty is sitting on the golf ball as well as the 4 eggs.
gig.gif

Mine have the shiny blue ears too but are pure white.

Same here. My SIL also said light cream colored egg, so I dont think either of my silkies have laid yet.

Too funny about taking the fake eggs out - mine have had the same golf ball in the nest for 2 years now.  It helped when we moved and when I had a series of temporary nest boxes. They see the golf ball, they know where to lay.

Betty is sitting on the golf ball as well as the 4 eggs.  :gig

Haha that's funny that she is laying on the golf ball too! :gig

Back
Top Bottom