She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Apparently he likes making family too. ;)   I almost wish I had kept my silky roo.
He really likes making babies. One stupid broody decided to brood outside, so she's laying down all day. Fabio could be arrested for what he does to her...
Doubt the scrambled eggs will hatch. I promise, I tried moving her to the box, but she keeps coming back.
Serves her right

He really likes making babies. One stupid broody decided to brood outside, so she's laying down all day. Fabio could be arrested for what he does to her...
Doubt the scrambled eggs will hatch. I promise, I tried moving her to the box, but she keeps coming back.
Serves her right
gig.gif

Serves her right

:lau

Of course the most saturated blue egg under Betty was the first to go - I saw a small peck mark in it so I brought it in to candle. It was clear so I cracked it open - nothing happening so no great loss.

Brought the others in to candle - one looks about "normal" for day 8, one is almost solid dark inside - not sure what's going on with that one, and the last looks like it might be clear.

Stuck the three back underneath her and will look at them again in a week unless I get a whiff of something bad.

Golf ball still looks fine though.
gig.gif

The Eagles

Love Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, and I love some of the old classics like the Police, Joe Walsh, Bob Dylan's protest era songs. The Cars, Boston........Wow, too many different types of music to mention.

But If I had to pick one, and music I never get tired of, I'd have to say The Eagles.  Also, I know every word to every song so I can sing along.

Oh yes the Eagles are amazing...

I also love Death Cab for Cutie, and Keane. Such good music. :love

I have not heard the new one.

With enough tequila I can harmonize 7 Bridges Road.
Well, it sounds that way to me :gig

I can play that song on the guitar and sing it...one of my faves and many talents.

Here's a couple updated pics of the infamous Ameraucanas. Tomato time and splashy

And the growing silkies

They're looking good, SC! Lets hope the Ameraucanas multiply as well as the Silkies! ;)

Love these guys!

I know, right!

SJ, Eleanor my broody pigeon hatched her chicken egg! I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

A pigeon hatching a chick? That's the first time I've heard of that. I know pigeons are good mommies...and daddies too for that matter, so I shouldn't be so surprised. Did you take the chick away or not, how does that part work out?
Of course the most saturated blue egg under Betty was the first to go - I saw a small peck mark in it so I brought it in to candle.  It was clear so I cracked it open - nothing happening so no great loss.  

Brought the others in to candle - one looks about "normal" for day 8, one is almost solid dark inside - not sure what's going on with that one, and the last looks like it might be clear.

Stuck the three back underneath her and will look at them again in a week unless I get a whiff of something bad.

Golf ball still looks fine though. :gig

I wonder whats the deal with the solid looking one? Update when you candle again. I hope a couple hatch for you!

The pigeon doesn't have a mate. She's new, and she laid eggs very soon after her arrival. They're infertile of course, so I put a chicken egg that was already about halfway through incubation under her with her pidgie eggs.
I'm glad I did, because the eggs from the nest that this egg came from had to be tossed. (Remember the yolk covered silkie? It was one of the eggs she had been incubating.)
I'm going to see how Eleanor treats the chick. It would be sweet if she raised it, but pigeons regurgitate food for their babies, unlike chickens. I don't know how that would work out. :lol:

Both pigeon parents care for their young in a normal case.

Back
Top Bottom