She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Said on the news it measured a 4.2 in Saskatchewan

2. I hear a lot about him really good chickens been around a long time looked up his website on line . a lot of people like his stock I have some blacks with some of his blood in them waiting to see how they turn out. waiting on yours also we should know by years end [​IMG] hoping for good I think all mine are pullets shoot I need to ck hatch dates to see how old they are. need to go now much more to do today.

3. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Yup, busy day today - my garden needs so much attention and it just doesn't weed itself.

4. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    We have RSL for egg laying. Anything else would be for SQ and selling hatching eggs and eating eggs when they don't sell for hatching.

I set 5 of our Marans over RSL eggs a few weeks ago. 2 have quite the other 3 are looking good. I'm hoping to get some BCM eggs shipped soon ish.

5. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    Isn't that sad? I wish gardens could weed themselves. Grass Seems to never grow where we want it. Bare spots in the yard, but lush grass in the garden. :he

6. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    The chick is doing well. I can tell Eleanor has gotten up to eat, because her food is lower. I don't know if the chick has eaten milk or feed. I got a new pigeon today in exchange for hatching eggs. :D I [​IMG] pigeons

7. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Good luck with the hatch! There always marans eggs on my CL and the ones I saw yesterday were DARK...but the whole picture was kinda dark, so it made me wonder. They seem like a difficult breed, like you really have to cull a lot to stay SQ. Maybe a project I would tackle when the kids are older and I have more time. They are beautiful birds and the eggs...forget about it!

1 person likes this.
  8. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    The parents of mine came directly from Paul's farm, and so far I am well pleased with the look. Can't wait til they get full size and start laying. I'm hoping to get eggs by late October/November

9. quackers57

quackers57 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    Uk
    sc we've already seen those, you said you had some new ones. Or did you ly to us.

10. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :lau he wasn't serious when he said he had some new ones. He was just using his ole Araucanas distraction :gig

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by