She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Top 3 from yesterday, bottom 3 today. I'm so tickled!
1f603.png

Blue & black lol
LMAO

So I have a confession. I've been brooding my last hatch without a heatlamp. I had a heatlamp of the first week, but it's been 88-100 degrees during the day and 56+ at night. There are 11 of them so they have each other. I threw my two new SLW into the same brooder and everyone seems to be doing great and growing right on schedule.

Funny, at the beginning of the year I had my thermometer in the brooder and I was moving it a few inches away everyday to get it just right. 95, 90, 85..... Now I feel like such a noob.

If you only have a couple or your temps dip below 50 I'm guessing you would loose some without a heatlamp.
I did that for my first one too, and I still tell newbies that's the proper way, but I don't anymore. I try to keep it closer to 100F for the first few days (especially at hatch since I move them before they are dry) then I readjust it for 95F and leave it there. Around two weeks I start shutting it off during the day and turning it back on at night if it's cooler but by 4 weeks (as long as it's warm enough) I stop using it.

White and gold
smack.gif
I think I saw white and gold too...lol

Top 3 from yesterday, bottom 3 today. I'm so tickled!
1f603.png

Nice looking.

Really? I thought you liked the baby smooth gangsta type
gig.gif
What I like and what I get are two different things....lol There's a difference between "dream guy" and reality...lol

Back
Top Bottom