She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

It goes fast when you're not in there candling and drawing circles every day...

Apparently! I feel like you should be on day 7, seriously. So here's a dumb question. When people buy Ameraucanas from a feed store, they are really EEs?? What about from a hatchery? I'm a little confused as to why this happens..?

For any of you that wonder about hatching in the pens, for two years all pen hatchers are readily accepted by the rest of the flock. There is never any fighting until the get big enough to start challenging the pecking order, but it sorts out quickly. I have chickens in the pens ranging from day olds to 3 years old, and everything in between. The only time I have integration problems is when I hatch chicks in the house, then move them back to the pen

Don't forget your hammer... I might have you build something for me while you're here...
wink.png
You have a hammer. I'll just bring the drill
thumbsup.gif

She was my first hen. She is a d'uccle, but way, way off SOP, so I just call her a booted bantam. Awesome pet chickens, though. I started with her and one rooster two years ago. She raised 3 hens last year, and this year I'm up to 6 hens with a couple of roosters and 6 chicks in the pen. I have another broody due to hatch sometime this week, so hopefully they will be as prolific as the silkies

I was going to ask what she was too but you said booted bantam, so I wasn't sure if that meant she was a bantam mix. She really is lovely.

I was going to ask what she was too but you said booted bantam, so I wasn't sure if that meant she was a bantam mix. She really is lovely.

She's a mille fleur d'uccle, but way too much white, and the rooster is mixed, so he throws mille fleur and black mottled. Great pet chickens, though. If you don't care about SOP, they are gorgeous. I never advertise them as d'uccle when I sell
You can't use MY hammer...
smack.gif
I would never
smack.gif

My brother might, though
gig.gif

It was...I will when we make it again!!! ;) Did you see I was being racist and got hatching eggs from a Korean chicken and a Chinese chicken. If I have a hen I am naming it Silkiecuddles for you!!!! Lol!!!

Uh yeah. She likes to have her cake and eat it too!!!! Duh!!! Plus big hair. Lol!!! Just like my Polish Hen. And well....if she fails me and does not provide the eggs I need she made end up the same as history had intended.
Oh yes I saw that! :gig
I'd be honored! :D

Haha yes! The queen do like her cake and big hair! :lau

Apparently! I feel like you should be on day 7, seriously. So here's a dumb question. When people buy Ameraucanas from a feed store, they are really EEs?? What about from a hatchery? I'm a little confused as to why this happens..?
99% of the time feed store and hatchery Ameraucanas are EEs. It drives me nuts. I called my EEs Ameraucanas for years before I learned. It should be illegal for them to do that, but it's common practice. I don't kno why, either. I love my EEs, and people that buy them just want the pretty eggs, they aren't concerned about SQ. They would sell just as well if they were advertised correctly

SC, your birds are beautiful! I love the pic of the mama and babies! Speaking of mama and babies, Eleanor and her chick were eating at the feed bowl together. I bet Eleanor is so confused as to why the little bugger is following her! :lau Baby pigeons don't leave the nest till they're fully feathered.

SC, your birds are beautiful! I love the pic of the mama and babies! Speaking of mama and babies, Eleanor and her chick were eating at the feed bowl together. I bet Eleanor is so confused as to why the little bugger is following her! :lau Baby pigeons don't leave the nest till they're fully feathered.
Thank you. Your pigeons are beautiful, too

Back
Top Bottom