She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    I know I don't. She's an EE

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

It's actually not false advertising... nor can the Ameraucana Club lobby them to stop using the name...

Reasons for this includes the fact that the state the different colored eggs their Am's lay and the name has something to do with what was going on during the time of APA acceptance... think it was something like that the hatchies/feed stores started using the name before the actual date Am's were accepted...

Good person to ask questions is jerryse... he is 1 of the original 3 breeders involved in their acceptance to the APA... he's very nice, btw, and doesn't get offended or upset easily... even after 40 years, he's still breeding too... in fact, I have a black split pullet from his line I'm growing out... gorgeous bird...

3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I told you I had issues. At least I didn't do it to you out here. I would have let it go, but the word was temperamental, and you use it A LOT [​IMG]

4. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Apparently none of this matters any more. Don told me to eat these, too [​IMG]

5. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    You'd use it a lot if you were a woman! :gig

6. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    Maybe don just thinks all chickens should be eaten

7. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    He didn't quite go that far, but he is a man of few words. If you ask his opinion, he will give it to you bluntly, and I value his opinion. He said the purple sheen should be culled, and the bird I posted pics of has a lot of purple

8. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    I'm curious. SC, your Ameraucanas look just like my "EE" except yours are dark. And my EE has slate green/blue legs. I'll post a pic and you can tell me your opinion. I'd rather she was an Ameraucana.

9. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The "EE" in the second pic is Ruby. I'll try to find a better pic. The first pic is her daughter, whose father was a white silkie. I only posted her pic to show Ruby's color close up because they are the same color. Ruby has puffy cheeks, slate blue/green legs, red comb and tail feathers. Opinions?

10. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I already knew that...lol [​IMG]

Yup. lol

His gray one looks like my ee, but mine does have bright yellow legs. My roo has slate though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by