She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Well it is a good knife.

I can't figure out what box it's in and I've had it since I first got my SCUBA license a zillion years ago.  I kept it on a nail just inside the garage for years and I want to put it in the shed/chicken coop.

Ticks me off that I can't find it.
See, I had this picture in my mind that it was so conveniently located that you just grabbed it and took a picture :gig

Ok, gonna try and touch as many points and questions I saw since I crashed out, lol... was up all night with a hatch... and hard to multiquote on phone... :)

Very glad Don popped in and explained quite a bit... Walt is another awesome source of info, believe his username is fowlman01...

@WVduckchick my avatar is my Lavender Ameraucana cockerel, on a hot day, lol... his pea comb isn't as tight as I want yet, but he's got a great temperament and awesome color...

@sideWing the problems with any breed allowing another color is that everyone has to agree on all points... color name, what can be crosssed in, etc... also, they have to have been bred by multiple breeders for at least 5 years and breed true at least 50% of the time... getting everyone to agree on even one point seems to be extremely difficult, especially on BYC, so the APA has strict rules and it's very hard to get them to accept even established breeds from other countries much less our own...
Yes, it would be nice if more people would explain exactly why a bird is not considered a certain breed, like Am's, but unfortunately too many people just take pleasure in telling others they're wrong... also, most people get tired of explaining why several times a day... that's why I also encourage reading through established threads as most questions have been answered many times and people would know that if they'd just invest a little time and research into it... but people like quick answers, I always try to explain why in my posts, but if they don't really want to learn then I move on...

@scflock there are 2 separate issues with the Lav color... brassiness is the leakage that can pop up, usually in the roos saddle and hackle feathers... fretting is the word for the tattered looking feathers as well, breading Lav back to black is the usually what is done to fix that part of feather type...

@RubyNala97 Silkies have a walnut comb, or at least should, and it should be a mulberry color to be correct to type...
As for Marans, most people associate the egg color as the most important thing in their breeding... and they do have to have (I think) it's at least a 4 on their egg color chart to be considered Marans... but breeding only towards egg color tends to wreak havoc on feather color and type, so breeding them is way more involved and time consuming than most people realize until too late... Penedesencas do tend to lay darker, but their egg color also hasn't been affected as much by the dark egg fad as Marans... in the dark eggs, too many people also just think they breed 2 together and get the same, but don't cull out for light eggs, type, etc... fads ruin breeds more than anything...

Whew... hope this helps and everyone understands what I posted, lol...

Oh, also on color names, there is similar name issues with Chocolate/Dun as with Lavender/Self Blue... Don is very correct on that as Self Blue was accepted as a color description, Lavender won't be...

I have been thinking about raising some of those.  Supposed to be very hardy birds, good foragers and heat tolerant; all of which we need.  Beautiful eggs!
We are trying to focus on one or two breeds of quality birds, but it's tough.

Interesting stuff.  I honestly don't know what the plan is when we get our 30 BLRWs in, or when our backyard mixes hatch.  I guess we better figure it out quick, though.

lolllll

Very sophisticated. I like it. :thumbsup

Good luck SC, SJ, Ross and anyone else I missed!

Thanks!!!! No such luck with piping at this moment.

:frow Ruby

Hey Ross, did you lockdown this morning?

I did.still in watch mode.

I can :smack  all day
I can :hugs  for 2, 3 minutes tops

I'm sure you can hug longer than that.

Just don't make eye contact.................

Lol!!!! :lau

You're just a glutton for punishment, I figured
1f603.png

I know right!

Just be prepared:

hqdefault.jpg

Lol!!! Yikes. ...that poor guy...I'm sure he did not make it considering the way the near is holding him.

Back
Top Bottom